Are You A Victim Of Abuse By Clergy Or Your Therapist?
People naturally put their trust in members of the clergy, therapists, teachers and other professionals. But many who seek counsel from these individuals are already in a vulnerable emotional or psychological position. Though it happens rarely, some of these counselors can take advantage of those who put their trust in them. The victims of physical or emotional abuse can suffer the effects for years, even for a lifetime.
Leemon + Royer, PLLC, helps victims of therapist and clergy abuse obtain compensation for the wrongs done to them. And by taking action, we can help our clients obtain recognition of those wrongs and the opportunity to obtain emotional closure on the events that occurred.
Our firm represents clients who have suffered:
- Abuse of trust by clergy and professionals
- Sexual abuse by clergy and professionals
- Abusive “reparenting” or other types of psychological therapy
- Financial abuse and exploitation
- And other types of physical and emotional abuse
Call 866-248-3845 for a free consultation. An attorney at our firm can evaluate your case and explain how we may be able to help you.
Compassionate And Knowledgeable Help For Child And Adult Survivors Of Abuse
Child survivors of abuse and molestation need to know that they can take legal action years after the abuse. The Washington statute of limitations for claims involving childhood sexual abuse states that a suit must be filed in the latest of the following:
- Within three years of the act alleged to have caused the injury or condition
- Within three years of the time the victim discovered or reasonably should have discovered that the injury or condition was caused by the act
- Within three years of the time the victim discovered that the act caused the injury for which the claim is brought
Leemon + Royer, PLLC, an experienced personal injury law firm in Seattle, Washington, has successfully represented numerous clients who have suffered injuries due to clergy and therapist abuse, sexual misconduct and other intentional and negligent acts.
Call Us For A Free Consultation About Obtaining Justice For Your Suffering
Our lawyers work to maximize the compensation our clients receive — and to obtain justice and closure for victims of abuse by clergy and mental health professionals.